What you need to enroll:
PROGRAM GOALS AND PHILOSOPHY
For the child:
1. To provide opportunities for being with other children in a setting that is conducive to the development of wholesome social relationships.
2. To provide an appropriate atmosphere to help children become independent, self confident, and inquisitive learners.
3. To provide a proper foundation that is based on the child’s individual needs, interests, handicaps, and abilities, and that will build important foundations for future learning.
For the parents:
1. To provide opportunities to meet and work with teachers that have common concerns and interests to fit the needs of their children.
2. To provide care for the child while the parents pursue their work or other interests.
For the community:
1. To help meet the needs of the community for an early childhood education facility.
2. To contribute to the wholesome growth and development of our children in the community.
3. To enhance the role of Kids Ahoy Learn and Care Center and become an important part of the community.
The Philosophy behind the Kids Ahoy curriculum is that young children learn best by doing. Learning isn’t just repeating what someone else says; it requires active thinking and experimenting to find out how things work and to learn firsthand about the world they live in
The Owners are Bill and Sandy Stewart
They have nine children and eleven grandchildren of their own !!!!!
Sandy has been involved with child care for over 20 years. She has directed Sunday school classes for a variety of ages as well as operated her own in home daycare for many years. Since Oct. of 2003 Bill and Sandy have owned and operated Kids Ahoy Learn and Care Center LLC.
In August 2014 We built a new second building at 9th street location and now Kids Ahoy and Ahoy kids are located on the same property. Preschool children are in Building #1. Infants and Two year olds are in building #2. We have two and an half acres of beautiful playground and facilities.
Thank You for sharing you children with us.
Please feel free to call us if you have any needs.
We care about your input. Bill and Sandy
Bill has two degrees. One in Psychology and Pastoral Counseling, emphasis on family and children , the other in Biblical Studies. He also has State required college hours in childhood studies. He has been an ordained minister for 30 years and was involved in full time ministry for over 20 years. They strongly believe in the importance of family values and children.