The Owners are Bill Stewart and Sandy Stewart
Kids Ahoy Learn and Care Center LLC has been in operation since 2003. In August 2014, we expanded our center to a second building. Building #1 houses our preschool which focuses on learning through play and character values. Building #2 houses Infants through two years old and provides the loving foundation to our preschool program. We have two and a half acres of beautiful playground and facilities.
Bill Stewart has two degrees. One in Psychology and Pastoral Counseling, emphasis on family and children , the other in Biblical Studies. He also has state required college hours in childhood studies. He has been an ordained minister for 35 years and was involved in full time ministry for over 20 years. Running a place for children that values children and family is just an extension of that ministry. Bill has 9 children and 11 grandchildren and understands the needs and values of family life.
Sandy has been an integral part of the establishment of Kids Ahoy Learn and Care Center LLC. What she started as an in home daycare has grown to be what it is today. Sandy is now enjoying retirement from the day to day operations.
Christina has worked at Kids Ahoy for ten years, and three years as the director. She has a husband of 19 years and 2 kids. She has a bachelor’s degree in teaching through Central Methodist University. She is involved with her church’s nursery and has helped out in a Sunday school class. Christina is an integral part of the day to day operations of Kids Ahoy.
What you need to enroll:
PROGRAM GOALS AND PHILOSOPHY
For the child:
1. To provide opportunities for being with other children in a setting that is conducive to the development of wholesome social relationships.
2. To provide an appropriate atmosphere to help children become independent, self confident, and inquisitive learners.
3. To provide a proper foundation that is based on the child’s individual needs, interests, handicaps, and abilities, and that will build important foundations for future learning.
For the parents:
1. To provide opportunities to meet and work with teachers that have common concerns and interests to fit the needs of their children.
2. To provide care for the child while the parents pursue their work or other interests.
For the community:
1. To help meet the needs of the community for an early childhood education facility.
2. To contribute to the wholesome growth and development of our children in the community.
3. To enhance the role of Kids Ahoy Learn and Care Center and become an important part of the community.
The Philosophy behind the Kids Ahoy curriculum is that young children learn best by doing. Learning isn’t just repeating what someone else says; it requires active thinking and experimenting to find out how things work and to learn firsthand about the world they live in
Thank You for sharing your children with us.
Please feel free to call us if you have any needs.
We care about your input. Bill and Staff